Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Act Technical support sent me to a certified consultant??

Act Technical support sent me to a certified consultant??

[ Edited ]

Hello everyone,

My company has been using ACT for over 10 years and we recently decided to take everything in house and move it into the ACT premium Cloud, life has been a nightmare ever since.

Our database is royally screwed up, the option to define layouts loads up completely blank, as well as our previous fields are all stacking on top of each other. The option to even set field security is no longer there for our administrator accounts.

Anyways, I just got done with a 3 hour call to ACT support and they pawned me off to a local Act certified consultant to fix our issues. Is this normal in your experience? I don't see how a third party is able to fix all these back end issues for their hosted platform. Maybe I am wrong so it would be great if someone could let me know.

Thanks again for your time,

Chris

Bronze Elite Contributor

Re: Act Technical support sent me to a certified consultant??

To help answer Is this version of ACT for WEB hosted on Your server, a 3rd party server, or Hosted by Swiftpage?

Administrator

Hi Chris,

Looking into your ticket for this issue, it would appear that the technician referred you to an ACC for assistance with re-creating a complex custom layout.

You are correct, all the platform back end assistance should be dealt with by our support team directly.

We've reviewed your tickets, and I'll reach out to you via PM to gather some contact details, so that we can try and resolve the issues that may be occurring on the platform back end.

[ Edited ]

This version of ACT is hosted by Swiftpage themselves. Here is the issue we are facing in our layout and when we try to fix it in the layout tool it won't load anything:

ACT issue.PNGAs you can see a lot of the text for the fields have grouped on top of each other. My guess is this would be a simple fix in the layout editor if we could get anything running.

Before this issue the define fields tool was just presenting an error that it couldn't communicate with the server.  I really don't mean to complain, but until we can edit our layouts to make them functional again everyone is dead in the water, we simply don't know what data we are looking at for our contacts.  

Bronze Elite Contributor

Is this the same using both IE and Chrome? If using IE try with compatibility mode switched on and then off. Although this looks like a template problem I have seen some odd things happen when looked at in IE in compatibility mode for some odd reason with ACT V18

[ Edited ]

This particular screenshot was taken in Chrome. This same issue also occurs in the latest versions of Firefox and IE 11 without compatibility or enterprise mode.

Bronze Elite Contributor

OK was worth asking the question. Looks like Gary has this under his wing to try and resolve for you.

Thanks for the help ch1p. Any suggestion is always worth pursuing.

Have a great weekend.

Chris