Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Act! Scheduler

Act! Scheduler

Hello,

We are currently running ACT! by Sage Premium 2008 (10.0) (ST Edition) Version 10.0.1.199 on a Citrix environment on a 2003 server. 

users are trying to run the Act! Scheduler(tools~>ACT! Scheduler) but it is Grayed out I believe this is a Permisions problem since if i log in as an administrator I can select the option. But i dont want to supply administration rights to the users as this is a Citrix server with other applications on it.

Does anybody know what the users will need access to for this to work.(Dont Just say Admin rights)

Nickel Elite Contributor

Re: Act! Scheduler

Jay -

I'm working with someone else on this as well - it's not 100% solved yet, but here's the latest:  Go to the Services application, and check to see if the ACT! Scheduler service is started, and/or if it's set to start Automatically.  Normally, it starts with a Local System account, maybe you need to specify the account that the ACT! Scheduler service starts with/under.

Hope this helps...

Richard Brust
ACT! Certified Consultant
richard@rbrDataSolutions.com

Re: Act! Scheduler

Richard,

Thanks for your reply. The service is started and it is set to Automatic, I have tried changing the account on the service to a domain admin account it still doesnt work. I believe there may be a registry key, file, folder or computer component which the users need access to but I cannot find what it is.