Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Act Pro "Write Templates" have stopped working.

Accepted Solution Solved
Copper Contributor
Accepted Solution

Act Pro "Write Templates" have stopped working.

[ Edited ]

Installed ACT 17 on new Windows 10, PC about a month ago and have had nothing but problems ....

Finally got it usable for the last 2 weeks and then this morning I can't now access Word templates. AD-INS are active and in the correct place, but now I get this every time

ACT (1).jpg

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by topic author MalcB
‎12-24-2015 02:15 AM
Employee

Re: Act Pro "Write Templates" have stopped working.

OK, you should be able to run the batch file now.

Afterwards, run services.msc, scroll down to SQL Server (ACT7), right-click and restart

View solution in original post

All Replies

The most common solution to this error can be found here: http://kb.swiftpage.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/36939/kw/change%20load%20behaviour%203%20to%209

Let us know if this does not resolve the problem.

Peter

Copper Contributor

OK I changed the LoadBehavior to 9 as suggested. Templates opened fine but.then ......Quick Print stopped working due to Word  ACT ADD_IN's dropping into the Inactive area for no reason. Reset loadbehaviour to 3 Restarted worked OK once and then back to square as above.

Will ACT 18 overcome all these issues ??? I've only had 17 for 1 month !!

[ Edited ]

Sorry to hear that didn't fix the problem. The next step I would try can be found here: http://kb.swiftpage.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/32802/kw/unable%20to%20cast%20com

Upgrading to v18 is unlikely to fix the problem. The error in question refers to a damaged link between Act! and office. There are various different solutions to the problem so it's basically a process of elimination.

Peter

Copper Contributor

Done as suggested but still not working ...any other suggestions please

Can you try setting both Act! and MS Word to run as Administrator?

Additionally, try disabling User Account Control in Windows if this hasn't already been done. You will have to restart the pc after doing this.

Peter

Employee

Hi,

I have noticed that changing load behavior to 9 makes act addins to not work properly in word and hence quick print doesnt work.

The alternate workaround is you have to click on addins tab and choose record history manually to record history.

Now i would like to know few things. What version of office are you using? Did you upgrade/downgrade from any older version??

Copper Contributor

I agree. Changing load behaviour to 9 stops Quick Print working. Set on 3 and everything will work OK...... but only once then stops working.???

I am using Office 2013. It is all a fresh install as we only installed new PC's (with Windows 10) at the beginning of October. The odd thing is that the client PC which is exactly the same with the same install dates as mine is still working fine.....fingers crossed.

I have now got a further issue in that I can't create a new database ?

ACT (2).JPG

Administrator

Sorry Malc, I cant read that error message you're now getting.
Can you please post the error exactly as it appears, or upload a larger screenshot?
Employee

Hi Malc,

I see the error says directory lookup failed, Operating system error, access denied!

Check on the following;
1. Open Run command and type actdiag and ensure actdiag opens and is connected
2. In services.msc Esnure SQL server(act7) and Sql server browser are started and automatic and also the log on is automatic
3. If the above steps doesnt resolve then Can you try to create a new database to the public folder and ensure it is not permission issue.