Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Act Pro 2013

Act Pro 2013

I have Sage ACT! Pro 2013 Version 15.1.108.0 . I'm on an XP machine (soon to be Win7 Pro) I have imported a csv file into a new database yet I can't find the data! I've tried shutting down and repoening the program but the only contact I see is my name.  I would appreciate help on this becuase i'm somewhat dead in the water until I can use my contacts.

PLEASE contact me ASAP. I'm sure it's a simple fix but I've tried everything I could think of outside of calling for tech support (I can't afford $99)

THANKS!!

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Act Pro 2013

How did you map the data imported?

Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129

It didn't ask for anything other than the path to the database..

Then you didn't import anything, there's a wizard that you need to go through which includes mapping of the import file fields into the ACT! fields.

Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Report Expert
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129

Yes, I did import by clicking on file import and I got the pop up telling me it was successful etc. I did a screenshot and saved it as a pdf and I guess I can't attach a pdf here.

her'es the screenshot....i hope you can help me!!database.jpg

That screen would only come up after going through the steps of the Wizard. What selections did you make in the Wizard screens?

Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Report Expert
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129

I am importing a CSV if I didn't mention that in my initial post. I thought I had, sorry if I didn't. I did the following:

File, new database - followed the simple steps to create a new database

THEN File, import, Next, Type-text file, chose the file, next, contact records, typical import, then clicke dimport and waited a few secs and got the import complete etc

I just did it again and chose custom import and then it asked for field mapping. I went ahead and did that and it had 2544 records to import but it took a couple of seconds then I got the successful message again   I clicked on both detail view and list view but it still shows one of 2 and one is my name only the other is blank.  When I look at the database files in the folder here's what I see there  gwaire.adf 81,152kb, gwaire.alf 6216kb, gwaire.pad 1kb. does that help?

I've been trying to get this very basic process to work for over 4 hours today, 2 last night. By now I could have typed everything in by hand but I really need to know where the hang up is so it never happens again.

I know you probably have tons of people to help but you're the only one that has answered me so I hope you'll stick wtih me until this is figured out....

It doesn't sound like you mapped the import file fields to the ACT! fields. Unless the first record in the import file has fields names that matches the ACT! field names exactly there would be no import. You need to map the import file fields to the ACT! fields.

Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Report Expert
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129