Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Act Pro 2013 restore database

Act Pro 2013 restore database

I have been running Act 2013 Pro ver 15.1 for a couple of years and always backup my database. I had a problem with my system and had to rebuild Windows 10 Pro and all applications and restore all my files which was fine. The problem is that I reinstalled the Act 2013 Pro with no problem and then went to restore my database and got an error which is " can not restore because not compatible with version of Act. Will only restore on newer version of Act". The database was backrd up from the same version of Act that I just reinstalled. I need my database ASAP and need help fixing this major problem.

Thanks

Eric 

Copper Elite Contributor

Re: Act Pro 2013 restore database

Pls check the Hotfix "level" of your fresh 15.1 installation. I don't have accurate info about a probable Schema update which might be included in one of the hotfixes for 15.1. Acc. to my knowledge the latest cumulative hotfix for 15.1 is named Hotfix 4 and includes the previous ones 1-3.

One of the hotfixes might include a Schema update, which will then result in an error when trying to open a database which was elevated to a higher Schema during the usage process before your system crash, as your system might have had a hotfix installed that you don't remember.

Andreas Schlesselmann
Melville-Schellmann GbR
Germany
www.melville-schellmann.de
Platinum Elite Contributor

Hi

I installed the hotfix and the update but still have the same error :this database has been updated to work with a more current version of Act" . This all started after rebuilding my system software from Windows up. It's the same version of Act that the database is from.

Platinum Elite Contributor

Windows 10 doesn't support the version of MS SQL used by ACT! 2013. If you originally installed Windows 10 as an upgrade, the old version of MS SQL would have remained installed and could be used by ACT! 2013. However if you did a format and install of Windows 10, the legacy version of MS SQL would no longer be available and it won't be installed as part of the ACT! install. Your best bet is to update to the latest version of the ACT! program which will accept and convert your backup file.
Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129