Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Act! Premium v18 via Web Access

Accepted Solution Solved
Copper Contributor
Accepted Solution

Act! Premium v18 via Web Access

After installing Act! Premium v18 and deploying the web access, I am able to access the database from computers both inside and outside my network.  My problem is that I am not able to attach documents from any computer via web access.  Upon logging in through internet access, selecting the document tab and attempting to add a file, the dialog box opens and allows me to browse to select a file.  Once selected it appears to upload but is not reflected in the database documents.

It should be noted that if I open the Act! Premium software on the server that is hosting the software, the document attach does in fact work.  This problem applies only to those computers which access via web.

All folders have correct permissions.

Thanks.

John M Jones
Vision Specialties, Inc.

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by topic author John.Jones
‎09-27-2016 12:15 PM
Copper Contributor

Re: Act! Premium v18 via Web Access

Solved and Closed!

John M Jones
Vision Specialties, Inc.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Copper Contributor

I apologize.

*  I am using Windows 10 Pro

*  I am sharing the Database from the Server

*  I am using Act! Premium v 18.2.53.0. Update 1

John M Jones
Vision Specialties, Inc.
Platinum Elite Contributor

Where are you checking to see if it's relected?
What Web Browser?
How about if you access Act! on the server machine via a web browser?

I just tried it on my 18.2 with no issue ... Could there be some sort of firewall blocking the file upload?
Copper Contributor

Thank you for your questions.

1.  I am checking to see if the documents are attached at the APFW internet level and the actual ACT! Program.

2.  My Web Browser is IE-11 Version 11.589.105860

3.  It makes no difference if I acess Act! on the server or the browser.

If I might, and forgive if this is not the correct forum, I utilize in business a quoting software by QUOTEWERKS.  QUOTEWERKS offers Act! Web Integration.  All aspects of the integration between the two software work except when it attempts to attach a "quote" (document) to ACT!.  I am attaching a copy of the error message that I receive.  Quotewerks indicates that I don't have a properly shared folder on the server, but at this point, I think I have every folder and sub-folder shared that is possible.  Does the attached error indicate anything to you?

As is typical for me, and being somewhat of a novice, it is always the other parties issue.  I am just looking for some advice or explanation of possible causation here.

John M Jones
Vision Specialties, Inc.
Solution
Accepted by topic author John.Jones
‎09-27-2016 12:15 PM
Copper Contributor

Solved and Closed!

John M Jones
Vision Specialties, Inc.
Administrator

Hi John,

Would you mind sharing the solution to your problem for any other future readers who may also be experiencing the same problem?
Platinum Elite Contributor

I would assume that the error has to do with the account that the Quotewerks service is using...