Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Act Premium on Citrix - Constantly prompted to set my preferences in Outlook add-in

Act Premium on Citrix - Constantly prompted to set my preferences in Outlook add-in

Hi All,

I'm using Citrix 6.5 and published Outlook 2010 x32 and Act on the same same.  DB is on another system.  We use the .pad file to connect to it.

My issue is that when I launch outlook, select add-ins, and hit sync contacts it asks me to set the preferences up and then sync.  I do this and then when I come in the next day, (or even log off and back on), if I hit sync contact, it will prompt me to setup my preferences again.  If I say yes, all my settings that I set before are still there.......it's like it doesn't remember that I already set the preferences.  Is there any way to fix that ?

Thanks,

Silver Contributor

Re: Act Premium on Citrix - Constantly prompted to set my preferences in Outlook add-in

We are an ACT hosting provider and Host ACT over Citrix (6.0 and 6.5).

We havn't seen that particular issue.  but I would look at the permissions of the users appdata folder where the ACT preferences are kept.

Test Drive Act! and Quickbooks over Citrix http://GoTryAct.com

Jon Klubnik| ActTrainer.com
(866)710 4228

ACT! Certified Consultant / ACT! Premier Trainer / ACT! Hosting Provider

Re: Act Premium on Citrix - Constantly prompted to set my preferences in Outlook add-in

I've found that logging into through Citrix doesn't start the Act!.Integration.exe process, which is why it doesn't recognize that it's setup yet.  logging in locally starts this service automatically.

In your environment, are you able to launch just outlook, click the addin and choose sync contacts without it prompting to set the preferences?

Silver Contributor

Yes

Test Drive Act! and Quickbooks over Citrix http://GoTryAct.com

Jon Klubnik| ActTrainer.com
(866)710 4228

ACT! Certified Consultant / ACT! Premier Trainer / ACT! Hosting Provider