Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Act Premium for web

Copper Contributor

Act Premium for web

Can I install act premium web.2012. with act premium installed

Silver Contributor

Re: Act Premium for web

ACT for Web is a variety of ACT Premium (only available in ACT premium - or workgroups). However, on the same machine you can not have both web version of ACT and the desktop version.  If you have Workgroups you would have to uninstall to add Web.  If you have another machine with Premium (workgroups), you can access a database on a machine with Web on it.

Does that help?

Test Drive Act! and Quickbooks over Citrix http://GoTryAct.com

Jon Klubnik| ActTrainer.com
(866)710 4228

ACT! Certified Consultant / ACT! Premier Trainer / ACT! Hosting Provider

Nickel Elite Contributor

Re: Act Premium for web

edprov wrote:

Can I install act premium web.2012. with act premium installed

Sort of - you'd need to uninstall Premium, then reinstall using the Web install "version" (both are "Premium", it's just there are two versions of the install).  Your databases *and* SQL will not be affected, so basically you just launch ACT and your db will reopen like nothing happened Smiley Happy

There will be a new menu item under Tools that allows you to administer the web aspect of the ACT install, but you can use ACT on your desktop just like before.  Just remember that IIS needs to be installed before attempting to install the Web version.  I have this setup in my home office - one computer is both a desktop and the web server.  Good luck...

Richard Brust
ACT! Certified Consultant
richard@rbrDataSolutions.com