Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Act Premium for the Web Templates

Act Premium for the Web Templates

Hi

I have modified one of my templates but when I try to use it, it comes with only part of the information. I went back and double checked that I have saved the work and it looks right. So to recap Edit template looks fine. Use template only 10% of the information. Basically everything after the auto fill fields disappears. Any suggestions?

Jade

Re: Act Premium for the Web Templates

In fact, I tried again without any fields and it does the same thing, nothing after where the templates should be.

J

Nickel Contributor

[ Edited ]

If I am understanding your dilemna properly, I'd suggest you go in under the layout editor and check the layout with the "Properties Window" opened. By checking the properties of each field/label you might find some interesting information.

I once ran across a situation where the template actually had negative position (-18) values that caused them to look fine in ACT Premium, but terribly messed up in ACT Premium for Web.

Once I used the "Properties Windows" to set the proper co-ordinates for the fields and field labels, they layout looked great in both versins of ACT.

Not sure if this addresses your issue, but I hope it helps.

Message Edited by kquigley on 07-15-2008 05:01 AM
Ken Quigley, BA, MCSE, ACC, APT
Toronto, Ontario
www.keystroke.ca

Where is the layout editor in Act Premium for the Web?
Nickel Contributor

You must the actual APFW program, and not the browser based program, and click on "tools", "design layout", and then "contact".

Once the Layout Editor is launched, hit F4 to enable the Properties Window.

You cannot access the layout editor from within the browser, as that part of the program provides very little access to customization.

Ken Quigley, BA, MCSE, ACC, APT
Toronto, Ontario
www.keystroke.ca