Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Act Premium for new remote worker

Act Premium for new remote worker

Hello,

I have Sage ACT! Premium (Web) 2013 Version 15.0.301.0 installed on our local server with about 8 licences.

We are not using the "web portion" of this application and as far as I know, it may not even be configured to do so at this point.

I have a new remote sales person and would ike to give him some sales leads to nurture.  I don't want to give him access to our entire database only select contacts.

What are a few different ways to set this up.     Something easy..

Thank you for your help.

Tony

Copper Elite Contributor

Re: Act Premium for new remote worker

Hi Tony,

the main point is, that you would have to start using teams, (first you would have to create a Team for all contacts, companys) then you would have to create a second team, then only add the contacts/companys where you want the co worker to work on....

he can then access the data via nomal login, sync or web, depends if he works in your office or from outside.

for the setup of sync or Web (if he is not working in your office), you should depending on your Knowhow/time you want to spend , cosider to hire an Acc for a few hours, as this setup can be done very fast, if you know how to do it.

regards

Ingo Lange

ACC since 1995

www.crmaddon.com

ACC since 1995
Developer of Addons for ACT

CrmAddon Factory
+1 203 541 0040

Thanks Ingo,

I understand teams.  

My team member works remote.  What's your reccomendation?  Web access or sync.

If I go with sync, can I provision one of my existing licenses to this remote works?   Not sure what's invoved.     Let me know if this is something you can help with.

Thanks   tony

Copper Elite Contributor

Hi tony,

the upside of web is, that you /the remote workers see the changes without any delay, as they work on the same database like you do. and you are in full control of your data, as no data is stored on the remote site.

the downside of web is, that you need a good internet line (upload at least 2 mbit) and a firewall, (if possible with http/https proxy)  or a vpn, so you can protect your data.

the upside of sync is, that you do not need to install a IIS server, do not need to look at your firewall, and you can work with a slow internet line,  you just need to enable the sync, and the remote staff can start working.

as stated, you should consider to contact an ACC, who can help you with the config / setup

regards

Ingo Lange

ACC since 1995

www.crmaddon.com

+1 203 541 0040

ACC since 1995

CrmAddon Factory
+1 203 541 0040
Copper Elite Contributor

Regarding the licence,

as you may know, act is using named licences, so if you have a licence that is currently not used by your current staff, you can distribute the unused licence to the remote pc of your co-worker.

regards

Ingo Lange

ACC since 1995

CrmAddon Factory
+1 203 541 0040