Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Act! Premium for Workgroups 2007 (9.0) (EX Edition) Version 9.0.1.162 Hotfix 1 - DATA SHIFTING

Act! Premium for Workgroups 2007 (9.0) (EX Edition) Version 9.0.1.162 Hotfix 1 - DATA SHIFTING

Not sure how to refer to my problem.  We have Act installed on our network; with multiple users; with extensive screen lay-out modifcations.

The Problem:  When you are moving between contacts OFTEN the data that you see in the populated fields will not actually be the contact's information, but that from another contact.  If you correct the information, it then corrects the information from the erroneous contact (not the one you are in at the time).  We use to be able to leave the current contact and then return and the data would then be correctly associated, however it has increasingly not worked and it is of concern as it it very difficult to determine which contact record you have suddenly erroneously modified and in turn the current contact was unaffected.  Any idea on this?

Rick

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Act! Premium for Workgroups 2007 (9.0) (EX Edition) Version 9.0.1.162 Hotfix 1 - DATA SHIFTING

If you haven't already, try turning off the hardware acceleration for the video. The problem you are having seems to be very machine configuration dependent and was hard to trace down. I don't believe I've seen a report of the problem with the latest version, ACT! 11.
Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129

Re: Act! Premium for Workgroups 2007 (9.0) (EX Edition) Version 9.0.1.162 Hotfix 1 - DATA SHIFTING

Thanks Roy for the feedback.

Not sure I follow unless you are speaking of hardware acceration for video on my pc verse ACT.  Is this correct and is that a windows function found in control panel?

Platinum Elite Contributor

That way and select Display or right click on the main screen background and select properties then Settings tab, Advanced button, then Troubleshoot tab.
Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129

Thanks Roy, have changed this setting on 2 users to monitor if it is the cause.