Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Act Premium for Web v17 on Server 2012 r2 setup

Tuned Listener

Act Premium for Web v17 on Server 2012 r2 setup

Is it me, or is setting up the Impersonation account always a beast with ACT?  Anyhow,  for the past decade I have always been able to overcome this challenge.  Now I am stuck with the V17 on Server 2012 r2, running as Domain Controller (I know, I know).  This is a new installation of the OS and ACT.  Nothing else added other than promoting the server to a DC.

Problem: I cannot get past the Website Administration dialog box to test the user account.  I have successfully tested the Web Server, but keep getting "The user account information you have entered is invalid. Please check the user name and password and try again" after trying to set the Edit User Account Info.

I have gone thru the KB articles that are listed for similar platforms, but haven't found anything that works.  I did notice that the newer OS doesn't have the IIS_WPG account anymore.  Is there a step-by-step procedure for setting up ACT v17 and up on Server 2012 R2 anyone could recommend?  I have no problem with formatting the server and starting from scratch. 

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Act Premium for Web v17 on Server 2012 r2 setup

Tuned Listener

Re: Act Premium for Web v17 on Server 2012 r2 setup

I have the following accounts:

Administrator - in the administrator group as local

Impersonation - in the administrator, IIS_IUSRS groups, as local

Admin - in the administrator group as local

I setup up the Impersonation account as the one to use, but have also tried all the others.

I also followed KB 14867 to set the Impersonation as and ASPNET account. 

So far the only thing that I see that I haven't been able to match up is placing the account in the IIS_WPG group or ASP.net group since I don't have those groups available. Not sure where to go from here.