Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Act Premium for Web Database update

Act Premium for Web Database update

Hello,

I am running Act Premium 2010 on clients desktops and they all can login fine with no issue. But on the server I also have Premium for Web installed which controls the external web access to Act. When I login to Premium for Web it shows the message,

"The Database you are opening must be updated to a newer version of of Act..."

I am not sure to update or not, I just don't want the normal users to not be able to login after the update.

At this point any one who wants to login to Act through web they get a "data base must be update" message.

Please help.

Platinum Super Contributor

Re: Act Premium for Web Database update

Hello Msahlaei,
Welcome to the Sage ACT! Online Community!

It appears your host computer has had an update to ACT! applied, but the workstations have not had it applied.  

If you update the database, the workstations will not be able to open the database until the same update has been applied to them.

Here is an article with further information: KB Article 28511

Greg Martin
Sage
Nickel Super Contributor

Re: Act Premium for Web Database update

WARNING:  It is very important that before any procedure makes a backup with attachments (And put copy of this ZIP file on a Memory or Computer on the network)

Warning:  Backups taken with this version of ACT! cannot be restored to a previous version. To restore this backup to a previous version, contact Technical Support (www.act.com/support).

After the update ...   Did you open the database on the server?

Additionally Confirm and ensure they are all on the same build  (Server and Users)  (... who have ACT! installed).

good Luck