Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Act Premium for Web 2008 - remote access over the Internet

Accepted Solution Solved
Accepted Solution

Act Premium for Web 2008 - remote access over the Internet

We are using Act Premium for Web 2008 on a dedicated Windows XP SP 2  "server" computer. All of the workstations on the LAN can open and use Act in their Internet Explorer browsers. Remote users on the Internet can get to the logon page, select the "logon to" database and enter their username and password. They cannot go any farther. They get an Internet Explorer error message "The Web page cannot be found". Windows firewall is disabled and we uninstalled the anti virus software on the Act server computer. The server service is running, the database is shared, Service advertising protocol is installed on the server. There have been no Windows updates installed on this computer since March, 2011. What can we do to get the home users working with Act again? Thanks for your help!

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by topic author Solve-IT
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM

Re: Act Premium for Web 2008 - remote access over the Internet

Thanks for the VERY quick reply. I believe that Internet Explorer 9 does not work with Act 2008 Premium for Web. I tried to connect from a remotye Windows XP SP3 computer with IE8 and it works. You are right - it's the browser. Thanks again.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Silver Contributor

IIS and aCT for web. Something came unraveled.  You might consider a consultant for this.

Check for browser compatibility, but I think something is goofed up on your server.

Test Drive Act! and Quickbooks over Citrix http://GoTryAct.com

Jon Klubnik| ActTrainer.com
(866)710 4228

ACT! Certified Consultant / ACT! Premier Trainer / ACT! Hosting Provider

Solution
Accepted by topic author Solve-IT
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM

Thanks for the VERY quick reply. I believe that Internet Explorer 9 does not work with Act 2008 Premium for Web. I tried to connect from a remotye Windows XP SP3 computer with IE8 and it works. You are right - it's the browser. Thanks again.