Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Act Premium Web - Layout Design & Customize Activity Lists

Copper Contributor

Act Premium Web - Layout Design & Customize Activity Lists

Maybe I've missed it but is there no way to edit the dropdown list for Activities? 

Also, when trying to edit a layout, I noticed the web-based version has very limited options in the Properties Window.  There's no longer the option to adjust the background colours etc.  Is there no way of doing this? I have an old layout I've brought over from the desktop version and now want to play around with the colors a little bit.

Lastly, is there a higher resolution layout available for those with higher resolution displays? e.g:1440x900 etc?

Thanks

Copper Contributor

Re: Act Premium Web - Layout Design & Customize Activity Lists

Okay, so I just moved our business database to the new v18 Web-Based Premium version of Act.  I still have v17.2 desktop version.  I noticed that you must make local edits to the layout files to get advanced editing capability.  However, the versions of the databases don't match.

Please tell me that I'm not forced to buy the desktop version of v18 simply to access this database locally to make these advanced layout changes. 

Thanks

Administrator

Hi Jag,

The are some layout customisation limitations, as well as no current functionality for managing activity types limitations in web-based Act. These can still be achieved in the v18 offline client, which you can request for no additional cost from your account manager.

You can see some other web-based Act limitations in this Knowledgebase article: http://kb.act.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/38219
Copper Contributor

Thanks Gary.  Do you know if there is a road map as to when the web-based version customizations will mirror the functionality available in the offline client? I also assume I would need to install SQL Server and everything else in the offline version of Act as if it was a stand alone application and use a remote database to implement the layout changes?

Thanks

Administrator

There is a road map for these feature, but I don't have any ETA's for specific features like this one.
Installing SQL is required to run the offline client as it's hosting a local copy of the database. Connecting a remote database would be the way to customise the layouts with more functionality.