Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Act Premium Web: Error / When Making Changes to the Data Base from Web Access.

Act Premium Web: Error / When Making Changes to the Data Base from Web Access.

Over View of the Problem:  I log in to the data base through the Exployer web page, I can add new records and have no problems but I I want to make a correction to a contact  like Change the home phone number I get this error.

One or more errors have been detected. Place your mouse on the red error indicator to display the error message.

At this point I have to click ok, but there is no red error indicator so I move on to the next record/contact but when I come back

to the corrected contact any changes I have made does not save.   I actually have to go to the computer where which has the data base and make the corrections there.  Would greatly appreciate any help or advice on this.

Copper Elite Contributor

Re: Act Premium Web: Error / When Making Changes to the Data Base from Web Access.

Hi James,

i would recomend to check all tabs in ACT, probably there is a field that now requires data, where the data is missing or not matching the possible options

so basic line is, this, msg states that the data is not as expected in the main mask or in one of the tabs.

regards

Ingo Lange

ACC since 1995
Developer of Addons for ACT

CrmAddon Factory
+1 203 541 0040

Re: Act Premium Web: Error / When Making Changes to the Data Base from Web Access.

Thank you Ingo,

I have looked at all possible fields there is no error.  I have seen this error before

when a required field is left blank, so I feel like I know what to look for but it is just not

there.

Copper Elite Contributor

james,

i would then check in the layout designer if you have unassigned fields. if so, assign them to a new tab, and check then...

regards

Ingo Lange

ACC since 1995
Developer of Addons for ACT

CrmAddon Factory
+1 203 541 0040

Ingo,

Thanks again, I have looked in the Layout Design I do not see

any unassigned fields. However, I am not really sure I would know

one if I saw one, can you give me a bit more information on this process?

Thanks again.