Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Act! Premium Version 20.1.120.0, Update 3 fails Set E-mail options with Outlook 2016 64-bit version

Copper Contributor

Act! Premium Version 20.1.120.0, Update 3 fails Set E-mail options with Outlook 2016 64-bit version

Act! Premium Version 20.1.120.0, Update 3 on Windows 10 Pro (64-bit) fails Set E-mail options with Outlook 2016 MSO (16.0.8201.2102) 64-bit version . No Outlook emails are being recorded in Act! Contact history. No ACT! Outlook Admin in Outlook. No Act! Connect in Outlook. 

In Tools > Preference > E-mail & Outlook Sync - Email Setting, during the setup, Microsoft Office Outlook presents a popup error: "Either there is no default mail client to the current mail client cannot fulfill the messaging request. Please run Microsoft Outlook and set it as the default mail client."

snap1941.jpg

Outlook 2016 (64-bit) has a default email account set...

snap1954.jpg

Outlook 2016 (64-bit) will not load on startup "ACT! Outlook Admin"

snap1953.jpg

After more than one hour on the phone with Act! level 2 tech support, this issue is still unresolved.

Act! tech support suggested "workaround" solution to merely uninstall Outlook 2016 64-bit and install Outlook 2016 32-bit is NOT a viable option.

An Act! user since ACT! for DOS 1.0 (1988)
Administrator

Re: Act! Premium Version 20.1.120.0, Update 3 fails Set E-mail options with Outlook 2016 64-bit version

First thing I would try, if it hasn't been done already would be to run an Office repair - this can help rebuild the registry files etc that Act uses to detect an install.

You can do that by going to programs and features, right clicking your office install and choosing Modify/Repair.
Copper Contributor

Re: Act! Premium Version 20.1.120.0, Update 3 fails Set E-mail options with Outlook 2016 64-bit version

@JonTaylorwrote:
First thing I would try, if it hasn't been done already would be to run an Office repair - this can help rebuild the registry files etc that Act uses to detect an install.

Running Office repair makes no difference. 

Administrator

I've had a quick look at your account to see if I can find what steps have already been tried so we cna be a little more efficient in troubleshooting - but I've not been able to locate the ticket notes from your call with technical support for some reason.

If you could provide a ticket or account number that you used on the call via Private Message - or if you just provide a quick summary of what troubleshooting steps you went through - it'll give us a good starting point for hopefully finding a resolution.
Copper Contributor

Two updates later and this issue remains unresolved. Act! Premium Version 20.1.120.0, Update 5 integration with Outlook 2016 64-bit version is effectively useless and has become a critical issue that is adversely effecting our business productivity.

• Act! Outlook Add-in fails to enable in Outlook 2016 64-bit (Load behavior: Not loaded. A runtime error occurred during the loading of the CMA Add-in)
  • Act! no longer logs Contact 'E-mail Sent' History
  • Act! Outlook Add-in to create Contact History within Outlook not working
  • Act! Outlook Add-in to create Contact Activity within Outlook not working

These are not issues with Outlook 32-bit. 

The suggested workaround to uninstall Outlook 64-bit and install Outlook 32-bit is not a viable option; therefore it's imperative this bug/issue/defect/incompatibility matter is resolved.