Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

[Act Premium V16!] Old deleted/cleared activities remaining in database.

Copper Contributor

[Act Premium V16!] Old deleted/cleared activities remaining in database.

Seeing as people always seem to say that old/cleared activities can slow Act down we remove the cleared activities once  a year.

Now I wanted to have a look how many activities we currently have in our database and came to about 11 000.

I copied our database to our test server, removed all cleared activities and we still had more than 6000.

I then decided to have a look at the table and see what all these activities were. I was surprised to find that most of them had the "ISDELETED" field in the database set to true (4350). Most of these are old (2007-2008) recurring activities that have long been cleared/erased.

If I check the records these activities are linked to, I can't see the activity there, even if I enable "Show Cleared Activities". Is there any way to clean these activities? They make up about 75% of our current activities.

Silver Super Contributor

Re: [Act Premium V16!] Old deleted/cleared activities remaining in database.

They would need to be manually deleted from the SQL database.  You will need to send the database in to database services or have one of the ACCs who can remove them for you do it.  I can remove them for you.  Contact me off line if you're interested.

Stan

If you would like to get more out of ACT! you can find an ACT! Certified Consultant near you by going to:www.act.com/acc.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Stan Smith
ACT! Certified Consultant
ADS Programming Services, Inc.
(205) 222-1661
www.adsprogramming.com
www.actwebhosting.com
Click Here to Purchase Act!