Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Act Premium V 17.2.217.0 - capturing email history for secondary contacts

Tuned Listener

Act Premium V 17.2.217.0 - capturing email history for secondary contacts

[ Edited ]

Hello,

I've been told that V16 captures history of outlook email messages for outgoing & incoming messages.  It's not working the same in V17, based on my tests.

I've been doing some testing , based on some on threads dating back to V 2009 and 2010 that if you add addtional email fields to the contact record the sync program will actually capture out going and allow to you "quick attach' a message to primary contact in the database.  This actually works for me.

Is this true, did the feature change in V17?

Thanks,

Joe Berg

Copper Contributor

Re: Act Premium V 17.2.217.0 - capturing email history for secondary contacts

Not really sure what you are driving at, but I will attempt a response.  V17 should work just like V16.  If configured properly you should be able to record sent e-mail messages in ACT! and attach Outlook e-mails to ACT! Contacts.  To my knowledge ACT! will not record history records for secondary contacts.  There must be a tie between the e-mail in Outlook and the primary e-mail address in ACT!  My advise to customers is, "If the contact has buying power or influencing power, they should be granted their own contact record."  Here is a KB you may be interested in.

http://kb.swiftpage.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/26832/kw/how%20do%20I%20setup%20email

Tom Koller - Wisconsin ACC