Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Act Premium - Email settings in preferences get reset

Copper Contributor

Act Premium - Email settings in preferences get reset

Hi,

Ever since we had version 11, and then we upgraded to ver 17 and now 18, we have had the problem where the email preferences just get lost, like they were reset. This happens to multiple users, and ever since ver 11, we changed server, reinstalled ACT from scratch, restored the DB when we moved to ver 17, and we even migrated the Exchange server to office 365. So anything that could affect it has been changed in one way or the other and we could not find why this was happening. We thought it could be related to the updates or when the server is restarted, but when this happens, no maintenance has been done on the server. The ACT server is dedicated and nothing else is running on it.

Any suggestions or thoughts on that?

Thanks

Nickel Super Contributor

Re: Act Premium - Email settings in preferences get reset

Maybe...   Windows User Account Control Settings (UAC) are blocking the Act! add-in from loading.

I suggest you turn it off and restart your computer...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cUj0jiLjRjQ

Remember  back up your database in a folder created for this task - also safekeeping administrator password.

Best regards and good luck...

Juan Carlos Otero
juancarlostero@icloud.com
Copper Contributor

Thank you for your suggestion but we already did this because when UAC was on, there were multiple functions not working and disabling UAC fixed the other issues. We are running now with disabled UAC and local admins, but unfortunately, we still have this issue.

Administrator

[ Edited ]

We've seen behaviour like this before, and it's usually down to one of two things:

1. A corrupted preferences file. This can be recreated by following the steps in the alternate manual method section of the following Knowledgebase article: http://kb.act.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/14770
  2. An antivirus program affecting the preferences file. We have a Knowledgebase article that has some suggestions to limit antivirus software affecting Act: http://kb.act.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/25125 Additionally, I would also suggest adding the entire ACT directory in Application Data as an exception in your antivirus software.
Copper Contributor

Thank you for the suggestion. We have a group policy that opens all ports on the stations, I doubt that is affecting it but I will go through the referenced articles and make sure all is good. Since it is intermittent, and we cannot manually reproduce it until it happens, I will not be able to confirm if any of those 2 suggestions worked or not. In case it does not work, I will post an update.

Thank you