Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Act Premium Email History - Recording history of other contacts not emailed.

Act Premium Email History - Recording history of other contacts not emailed.

I am troubleshooting an issue where many contacts have the same email address but are viewed as different individual contacts.  The database is used for the insurance business and the same insurance coordinator receives email for differing contacts.  When doing a mail merge and then sending an email for 1 contact, it would appear that since the same email address is shared among many contacts, the history of sending an email to one contact is reflected as sending to all other contacts with the same address.  An actual email is never sent to other non-intended contacts but the history reflects as if it was.  This makes reviewing history very difficult as you have to first weed out the erroneous history of sent emails.

Any suggestions of a fix are greatly appreciated.

Administrator

Re: Act Premium Email History - Recording history of other contacts not emailed.

[ Edited ]

When sending an email through Outlook, and then using either Quick Attach or Automatic Attachment, the email will be recorded on the history of all contacts with that email address - as there is no way to differentiate which contact was sent to.

If you use Manual Attach to Contact this will attach only to the selected contact.

When using the Mail Merge feature in Act! to record history though - this should only attach to the contact that was sent to, and not any others that share that email address.

However - there is a slight exception to this - if you are sending a mail merge to only ONE contact, this will open the email in Outlook first, and not send it directly.

This is important because this means that the email will be effectively sent through Outlook - and therefore attached according to your Outlook Integration settings (as I mentioned above - if this is set to automatically attach it will go to all contacts with the same email).

I hope this is clear, I know it's a little confusing - if you'd like me to clarify this more, just let me know.