Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Accepted Solution

Act Premium Completely Unusable On 4k Display

Copper Contributor

Re: Act Premium Completely Unusable On 4k Display

I ran this fix on a Surface Pro 4 - all current updates (MS just released new firmware on the 17th for the 4 and the Book). restarted the computer, and the program looks GREAT! Thank you for putting this file together.

This post is 4 months old and still no fix from ACT. Kind of crazy. Does anyone have an ETA for the fix? All these work arounds are B.S. Is anyone from ACT going to update us? So un professional.

Copper Elite Contributor

You'll find this functionality in 18.1. Unfortunately, not something we can provide in an update. Bob
Bob Breeding

When is 18.1 coming. You can't just leave people hanging indefinitely. They have businesses to run.

Administrator

The v18.1 service pack is currently undergoing internal testing. It will be released shortly.

There is a separate tool that applies a fix for this issue that was posted a few pages back. This can be used in the meantime to resolve the DPI scaling issue. It can be found here.

Administrator

[ Edited ]

Act! v18.1 has been released today. This includes a fix for this issue among many other improvements.

You can find the US/CA updates in the Download Center, or below for the UK/EU updates:

UK

Act! 18.1 Pro - UK

Act! 18.1 Premium - UK

Act! 18.1 Premium Web - UK

EU

Act! 18.1 Pro - EU

Act! 18.1 Premium - EU

Act! 18.1 Premium Web - EU

See the What's New page for feature info, or this Knowledgebase article for more detailed update info.

Can anyone tell me if this fix will work when running ACT! via Remote Desktop?  We are running ACT! v16.1.207 and have deployed it as a Remote Desktop App.  We have started getting in new laptops with the Hi-Res Displays (I.e. Lenovo X1 Yoga) and ACT! is unusable.  I have tested out DPIFix.exe on a test install done locally on my Surface Pro 4 and it works but I am reluctant to install on the server for fear of causing problems with the users that do not have  a Hi-Res display.

Thanks in advance to any/all that reply!

Chuck R.

Silver Contributor

RDP uses the servers configuration as well as the local machines to display the screen.

I have no idea if the servers display will operate at the higher level even with the fix as display drivers etc on servers are often not designed for this resolution.

Your only option is to try it after making a restore point.

@ch1p

Thanks for your reply.  I figured that trying it was going to be the best way to see but I figured there might be someone out there running the app via RDP that has already done this.  The server is a virtual machine running Windows Server 2012 R2. 

I had nothing to do this weekend anyway :-)

Thanks again for responding!

Chuck R.

Highlighted
Silver Super Contributor

DPIFIX.exe shouldn't break the other displays.  Basically what it does it tell the app to let Windows handle the DPI scaling and not to do any DPI scaling within the app.

Stan

If you would like to get more out of ACT! you can find an ACT! Certified Consultant near you by going to:www.act.com/acc.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Stan Smith
ACT! Certified Consultant
ADS Programming Services, Inc.
(205) 222-1661
www.adsprogramming.com
www.actwebhosting.com
Click Here to Purchase Act!