Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Act Premium Check Boxes imported to Word

Accepted Solution Solved
Accepted Solution

Act Premium Check Boxes imported to Word

[ Edited ]

I have most of my Act working correctly. It is doing 99% of what i want it to do. At the moment I have a word document that has all of my Act Fields in it. However any of the "Yes/No" fields show up as "True/False". I've looked at the formatting (Alt+F9), I've tried to work around the file to show it as a check box. However i'm Missing something.

{ DOCVARIABLE [ACTFIELD]TBL_CONTACT.CUST_ClaimYN_011955696 \* MERGEFORMAT } Is the format I see when i add it into word from ACT.

Is there a way to take this True/False and import it into a Checkbox? I've tried using this link ( http://blog.glcomputing.com.au/2009/04/using-conditional-controls-in-act.html ) to enable a check box. I'm missing something, or doing something wrong. I always end up with a blank spot where the Checkbox WAS.

Thank you for your help in advance!

(edited: formatting left when i posted)

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by topic author wwistn
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM

Re: Act Premium Check Boxes imported to Word

Nevermind on the support. I'll mark this as 'solved'.

Being charged to fix holes in ACT's program is pointless. If i was not going to be charged by ACC, then there would be no issue posting code here to help out. I will find a work around on it. Maybe I'll change all of my Yes/No fields in ACT to a text field where i can type "X" to show my client i need it.

View solution in original post

All Replies

This might be possible, however this process is a little more advanced on what support could offer advice on. I would recommend trying to contact an ACC in regards to this, as they may be able to help you get this set up for you.

Elise O'Pry
Swiftpage
Visit our knowledgebase at http://kb.act.com

So, i should pay someone to write the code for me. So i can turn around and post the code in the "Community" for everyone else?

Copper Elite Contributor

I wouldn't say you have to then turn around and share it if you don't want to.

Mark Hammer
ACT! Fanatic

By no means was I suggesting that you do that. I was simply saying that in order to accomplish this goal that you personally are trying to accomplish, it may benefit you to contact an ACC as many of them specialize in more customized setups. What you do with the outcome of that is between you and the ACC that would assist you if you chose to seek out that assistance.

Elise O'Pry
Swiftpage
Visit our knowledgebase at http://kb.act.com
Solution
Accepted by topic author wwistn
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM

Nevermind on the support. I'll mark this as 'solved'.

Being charged to fix holes in ACT's program is pointless. If i was not going to be charged by ACC, then there would be no issue posting code here to help out. I will find a work around on it. Maybe I'll change all of my Yes/No fields in ACT to a text field where i can type "X" to show my client i need it.

Platinum Elite Contributor

What you suggest would be a workaround. 

I take exception to your claim that it's a hole in the ACT! program. In the database table the results of a check box is stored as Zero (0) or One (1). Word interpenetrates that as True or False. In reports i use a VB script to display the checkbox results any way I chose based on the field contents. I believe the same thing can be done in a Word template. I don't do that kind of customizing of Word templates but other ACCs do. 

Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129
Copper Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

Just reseaching the same issue for a client and came up with this which I am happy to share with you - better late than never.

The basic ACT field looks like this in Word when you display field codes (ALT F9)
{ DOCVARIABLE [ACTFIELD]TBL_CONTACT.CUST_Field_Name \* MERGEFORMAT }

Using a standard Word IF field you can create this by inserting the ACT fields where applicable and deleting the "\* MERGEFORMAT" part (note exact spaces near brackets)

{IF "{DOCVARIABLE [ACTFIELD]TBL_CONTACT.CUST_Field_Name}" = "True" "Y" "N"}

This will put Y or N depending on the Yes/No field result. Change your output to whatever you require.

There is one caviet to this though. The original ACT field MUST be present - albiet hidden - somewhere in the Word document otherwise the result will always be False.

Brett Merriman
ACT! Certified Consultant
Action CRM