Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Act! Premium 2013 - Welcome Page Slow to Display

Act! Premium 2013 - Welcome Page Slow to Display

Hi,

Currently testing the migration from Act! Premium 2010 to Act! Premium 2013 in a test environment ( different server / clients to our live Act! Premium 2010 environment ).

Act! Premium 2013 works fine on the server & the Welcome page appears almost straight away.

However on a new PC the client takes 4 to 5 minutes before the Welcome screen is displayed & Act is basically locked up during this time ( so can't swith to Contacts etc until Welcome scree has loaded ). Once the Welcome screen is displayed, everything appears there.

I have tried deleting the Home section & replacing it with the files from the ACTWG installation directory. Doesn't make a difference.

I know I can configure so that Welcome screen is not the first screen, but if someone clicks on the option by accident then that is their PC locked up for 5 minutes.

Any suggestions ?

Regards

Terry Noriega-Durrant

Bronze Super Contributor

Re: Act! Premium 2013 - Welcome Page Slow to Display

Hi Terry,

You need to change the start-up from the Welcome screen to Contacts using the Tools Preferences Startup tab.

David Shaw
Act! Certified Consultant since 2001
Office:    +44 (0)1483 714507
Mobile: +44 (0)7977 567 318
E-Mail:    dshaw@act4u.org 
Nickel Contributor

Re: Act! Premium 2013 - Welcome Page Slow to Display

The problem is most likely due to the machine having a problem connecting to some of the external websites that is on the welcome screen and having restricted internet access. If you don't want to investigate what is causing it dshaw111's answer would work fine.

This may help you investigating.

http://kb.swiftpage.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/29261