Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Act Premium 2012 - old uncleared activities

Accepted Solution Solved
Copper Contributor
Accepted Solution

Act Premium 2012 - old uncleared activities

We are running Act. Premium 2012 Version 14.1.108.0 on Windows 7 computers.  We have 25 users and over the years people have not cleared their activities, alarms, invitations, etc.  I am trying to find the easiest way to clear the old activities since we are not using the Act calendar any longer.  

I have been using the task list to select and clear multiple activities, but we have many recurring and private entries that I am unable to clear this way.

Is there a way I can remove, clear, or erase all calendar entries older than a certain date - like 2 years?  

Can I create a fresh copy of our database with no calendar data and start fresh?  If we go that way, then we will need to update the preferences and default database, etc. but it may be worth it.

Thank you,

Caroline

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by Gary W (Administrator)
‎10-05-2015 08:06 AM
Bronze Super Contributor

Re: Act Premium 2012 - old uncleared activities

[ Edited ]

Look at Durkins add-on

http://durkincomputing.com/DownloadThankYou.aspx?file=Durkin_ManageBulk_setup.exe 

This FREE add-on was developed to fix speed issues when databases have hundreds or thousands of non-cleared activities. This could arise from a data conversion or import but also could occur if the users where not clearing activities from the calendar. Native ACT does not heavily penalize performance for non-cleared activities until third party products like Calendar View Plus or Task List Plus are installed. These add-on use the ACT OLEDB reader to list activities in the ACT interface. The OLEDB reader has large performance penalties for non-cleared activities. Using this tool will dramatically increase performance of these add-ons.
To install the "Manage Bulk Activities" add-on click on the [Download Now] button, close ACT!, run the installer and restart ACT!.

HTH

David Shaw
Act! Certified Consultant since 2001
Office:    +44 (0)1483 714507
Mobile: +44 (0)7977 567 318
E-Mail:    dshaw@act4u.org 

View solution in original post

All Replies
Solution
Accepted by Gary W (Administrator)
‎10-05-2015 08:06 AM
Bronze Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

Look at Durkins add-on

http://durkincomputing.com/DownloadThankYou.aspx?file=Durkin_ManageBulk_setup.exe 

This FREE add-on was developed to fix speed issues when databases have hundreds or thousands of non-cleared activities. This could arise from a data conversion or import but also could occur if the users where not clearing activities from the calendar. Native ACT does not heavily penalize performance for non-cleared activities until third party products like Calendar View Plus or Task List Plus are installed. These add-on use the ACT OLEDB reader to list activities in the ACT interface. The OLEDB reader has large performance penalties for non-cleared activities. Using this tool will dramatically increase performance of these add-ons.
To install the "Manage Bulk Activities" add-on click on the [Download Now] button, close ACT!, run the installer and restart ACT!.

HTH

David Shaw
Act! Certified Consultant since 2001
Office:    +44 (0)1483 714507
Mobile: +44 (0)7977 567 318
E-Mail:    dshaw@act4u.org 
Copper Contributor

That add on does not seem to work.  I still see the old activities and I don't know if this add on would include the private activities.  Is it supposed to clear those too?

Bronze Super Contributor

Hi, this is Jim Durkin.

Please contact me directly so we see why it didn't work.

Thanks

-- Jim Durkin

jim[@]durkincomputing[dot]com