Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Act! Premium 2012 Web Access: Can not open from non host computer

Accepted Solution Solved
Copper Contributor
Accepted Solution

Act! Premium 2012 Web Access: Can not open from non host computer

We have just upgraded to Act! Premium 2012 Web access, and heave got it setup per the standard instructions.

All of the Web Site Administration tests all test with results OK.

I can open Web act via http://localhost/APFW/  and it all works perfectly can add records, etc.

We can not access the website using any of the other computers on the LAN, I've not tried from an external as I wanted to get the internal working first.  We have tried both Firefox and IE8 and IE9, all appear to be getting a timeout issue.

Our host computer is Windows XP Pro SP3, we installed the IIS components and then also took the time to reinstall msdtc before installing Act! 2012 on the PC. (I'd read the forum messaged for Web, which is why we did the msdtc up front, just incase)

I've not managed a website before, so really don't know where I should be looking.

Any help troubling shooting this would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks Rachel

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by topic author Rachel_C
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Copper Contributor

Re: Act! Premium 2012 Web Access: Can not open from non host computer

Our external IT support has resolved this for me.

We have a hardware firewall that has been configured to stop all internal websites from all computers except our mail server. We address this config issue and all can access the Act! Website.

Thanks

View solution in original post

All Replies
Solution
Accepted by topic author Rachel_C
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Copper Contributor

Our external IT support has resolved this for me.

We have a hardware firewall that has been configured to stop all internal websites from all computers except our mail server. We address this config issue and all can access the Act! Website.

Thanks

Platinum Elite Contributor

Yup ... if it works locally, but not from another machine, it's nearly always firewall or port fowarding