Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Act Premium 2012 - Error - activity changes could not be saved

Act Premium 2012 - Error - activity changes could not be saved

Receiving the

Error - activity changes could not be saved.  One or more of the Contacts or Assocations may have been deleted, or this activity may have been deleted.

I treid rebuilding, reindexing, etc.  Nothing working.  I'm on Act Premium 2012.

Suggestions?

Re: Act Premium 2012 - Error - activity changes could not be saved

And whats even more strange is that I can create a new activity and its fine, but I cannot change any existing ones or that error comes up.

On top of that, just one user is experiencing this in a 9 user databse...

Silver Contributor

possibly a corrupt user profile within aCT. 

Let's be sure first that it's not a database, or machine or issue of user errror. Also, it could be an issue just with certain activities.  Hard to know without more troubleshooting, but if I had to take a best guess, this is what i'd try.

Can you log in on that users machine as another user and work with activities ok?

Can you log in to another machine as the troubled user and still have an issue with activities?

If you can isolate the issue to the users account, I'd rename their account usernameOLD, then create a new user. Test as the new user. Then delete the old user and reassign the user items to the new user.

BE SURE AND MAKE BACKUPS AND IF YOU HAVE SYNC DATABASES, YOU SHOULD OR MAY NEED TO RECREATE SYNC DATABASES IF THERE IS AN ISSUE.

Test Drive Act! and Quickbooks over Citrix http://GoTryAct.com

Jon Klubnik| ActTrainer.com
(866)710 4228

ACT! Certified Consultant / ACT! Premier Trainer / ACT! Hosting Provider

I can log on as this user from my ACT and everything works fine.

So I have logged in to other machines as this user and I can change activities without any error messages.

This leads me to believe that it is a setting either on his ACT or on his physical computer?

I've never encountered anything like this in my 7 years of using ACT before....

Okay I have tried logging on as other users on the user's PC with the problems and every record has the same error message coming up, leading me to believe there is something wrong on that particular PC?