Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Act Premium 2011 and Windows XP

Act Premium 2011 and Windows XP

Hello,

Currently runnning ACT Premium 2011 on Windows XP, but noticed XP will be desupported by April 2014.

If we choose to upgrade the Windows platform, any suggestion of which version we should go to ?

Thanks,

Law

Nickel Contributor

Re: Act Premium 2011 and Windows XP

ACT! 2011 works on Windows 7 machines OK. I've never tried installing it on a Windows 8 machine but only 2013 and above is officially supported on windows 8.

If you have to get  windows 8 machines then you could always upgrade ACT! to v16

http://www.act.com/products/system/2011/premium/

Bronze Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

Hi Law,

We have done several installations of ACT! 2011 on W8 PCs without any problems except on one we had to manually install SQL.

You would be therefore best advised to use an experienced ACT! Consultant like Chris or myself.

We can do this remotely (Hong Kong is a bit far from the UK!) although a fully expensed trip could be possible! LOL

David Shaw
Act! Certified Consultant since 2001
Office:    +44 (0)1483 714507
Mobile: +44 (0)7977 567 318
E-Mail:    dshaw@act4u.org 

Thanks for your prompt reply David.

Certainly would be great to see you around, but my user would probably be seeking minimal effort at this stage.

I am imaging the exercise now... would it be upgrading to Winows 7 directly on that machine, or should I do a clean install of Windows 7 on a separate machine before re-installing ACT. Besides, how about the SQL 2005 Express ? should I upgrade that to SQL 2012 Express as well ?

Thanks,

Law

Bronze Super Contributor

Hi Law,

So no trip to Hong Kong!Man Sad

It would always be better to do a new claen install of W7 and let ACT! install afterwards itself which will include SQL 2005 Exoress. I don't think you will need to upgrade to SQL 2012 to achieve a good ACT! install.

You could try imaging etc first and see how you get on but it might be easier to have a clean PC.

HTH

David Shaw
Act! Certified Consultant since 2001
Office:    +44 (0)1483 714507
Mobile: +44 (0)7977 567 318
E-Mail:    dshaw@act4u.org 

thanks. Let me digest and get back