Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Act! Premium 2011 Network Sync will not install

BWS
Tuned Listener

Act! Premium 2011 Network Sync will not install

Hello,

I have Act! 2011 Premium running on a Windows 7 machine and I was able to successfully install Network Sync on the 7 machine. 

I have another Windows Vista Home Premium machine on my network, and the Sync service will not install.  The first message states the service does not support the operating system.  I have tried the recommended solutions here on the KB: One being to run in Compatibilty mode which didn't work; and one being a workaround that should allow the service to be installed from a Command Prompt (KB article 27402).  When I try this solution however, it won't install either - it says it cannot find the file to install....  And the error message states it can't find the file specified - specifically: "Exception occured while initializing the installation: system.10.FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly - then it lists the file - "act.framework.synchronization.service.exe"

Any recommendations? 

I was hoping to insert a screen shot in this message, but there doesn't seem to be a way to do it.

Thanks for your help!

Silver Contributor

Re: Act! Premium 2011 Network Sync will not install

First the bad news. the message is correct, the network sync service is not compatible with your operating system.

Then the good news (I hope) you only need to install it on the Host (publisher) you don't need to install it on the client (subscriber machine)

Hope this helps

Test Drive Act! and Quickbooks over Citrix http://GoTryAct.com

Jon Klubnik| ActTrainer.com
(866)710 4228

ACT! Certified Consultant / ACT! Premier Trainer / ACT! Hosting Provider

BWS
Tuned Listener

Re: Act! Premium 2011 Network Sync will not install

Thanks for your reply.  As matters have it the host database is the Windows 7 machine, so hopefully all will work as planned.