Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Act Premium 2010

Copper Contributor

Act Premium 2010

[ Edited ]

I'm so annoyed that it won't integrate with MS Office 2010. I mean seriously. Also, the internet mail doesn't work. I called my host for the correct settings. It works when using outlook, it works on their webmail, it just doesn't work with act. I feel robbed.

[Edit: subject line content removed. Please post courteously]

Copper Contributor

Re: Act Premium 2010

[ Edited ]

my post was edited because I used the work "****" how is that inappropriate?! Ok, so Act 2010 is the opposite of awesome. Boo sage! get to work.

[Removed inappropriate content.  Please post curteously.]

Platinum Super Contributor

Although Act! 2010 is not fully compatible with Office 2010, there are some functions that will work between Act! and Outlook.  For an explanation of these functions and steps to integrate them, visit this article: KB Article 26713

The Act! Internet Email program requires that the email service use ports 25 and 110, your email provider may not use these same ports.  Here is an article that explains setting up the Act! Internet Email settings and it's requirements: KB Article 22985

Greg Martin
Sage
Copper Contributor

The main function of ACT and Outlook do not work, so it's not worth it. Also, I just verified with my ISP about the ports and they said they use 25 and 110. It just doesn't work for me. any clue?
Copper Contributor

I get this: Establish Network Connection (completed) Log onto outgoing mail server FAILED .Log onto incoming server FAILED Send Test E-mail FAILED
Platinum Elite Contributor

Hello SSiegel197,

Who is your email provider? Do you know if they are using any type of security on the ports that may be preventing ACT! from accessing the mail server? Also if you are using software that has email security installed, try disabling that and see if ACT! can connect.

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

Copper Contributor

I am using norton internet security. I went in and put ALLOW for act. No other firewalls. Flarehosting.com is my provider Spoke with them no security on the ports any other suggestions?
Copper Contributor

Also, outlook works fine and it's the same ports settings.
Copper Contributor