Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Act Premium 2010 & Office 2010

Copper Contributor

Act Premium 2010 & Office 2010

Hi All,

I found out recently, after purchasing and installing ACT Premium 2010, that this version is not compatible with Office 2010. Is there going to be a patch available in the near future to remedy this? I just rolled out Windows 7 with Office 2010 and now am unable to use ACTs integration with Outlook. This is a major component of ACT and we really need this to work. I am NOT inclined to purchase a new release as I just purchased THIS version.

Anyone know of any patches being released to make this compatible or have any information from SAGE?

Linda

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Act Premium 2010 & Office 2010

I have reason to doubt that there will be a service pack for ACT! 2010 to support Office 2010. Also ACT! 2011 doesn't support the 64-bit version of Office 2010, only the 32-bit version.

Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129
Copper Elite Contributor

[ Edited ]

See elsewhere on this forum, Linda M for the growing number of people angry about this. There should be a disclaimer with all advertising for ACT! 2010 to say that it isn't compatible with Office 2010. Everything points to us all having to shell out for ACT!2011. So much for customer relationship managment :-(

Stephen Buckland
stephenbuckland@gmail.com
Copper Elite Contributor

I agree. Office 2010 was released during ACT 2010's "tenure". Office integration is a primary feature of ACT.

Geoffrey B. Boulden
Twelve/Three Marketing, Inc.
Buffalo, NY
ACT!
SageCRM
GoldMine
SQL Certifications
Astute Commentator

ACT! Has lost me on this one. I have been an ACT! user for 8 years and helped others set up ACT! databases for thier purposes as well. SAGE says that ACT 2011 will have integration which means they do have a fix available right now, but are not releasing it as a fix and will force us to upgrade. The program has worked will for me in the past, but the last 4 months has been a nighmare without integration. Bye bye ACT! - I am now looking for other options which will not leave me in the lurch.
Nickel Super Contributor

Linda,

If you just recently purchased ACT!, I would call them and let them know your situation and see if you can return ACT! 2010 for ACT! 2011.  I believe there is a 30 day return policy.

Michael Matthews
Bridge Concepts, Inc.
Fort Worth, TX
www.bridgeconcepts.com
Astute Commentator

I have just received information that there are issues with ACT! Supporting Office 2010 and Office XP at the same time. To support Office 2010, they would have had to drop support for XP. Likewise, ACT 2011 will support Office 2010 integration, but no longer support XP.

Surely it would be possible for a patch to be released for those users using Office 2010. We are well past using XP.

It looks like a wait for the release of ACT! 2011 for a fix.

My biggest issue I have with all this however is the deadly silence of SAGE for many many months over this issue. Only one post that they are working on a fix and will advise us accordingly. Sorry, that is not good enough in my book. I am going to search for an alternative - don't know if I will find one - but if I do, bye bye ACT!

Copper Contributor

Michael,

Thanks for your reply. I purchased ACT 2010 Premium with Tech Support on June 3rd from an ACT reseller. They have informed me that I would have to purchase the 2011 upgrade ... which I REFUSE to do. I will downgrade my Office suite before I purchase another thing from ACT.

There is no way that ACT or the ACT reseller didn't know by June that ACT 2010 would not work with Office 2010, If SAGE is releasing 2011, as someone in this forum pointed out, in a few weeks, then how were they able to address the problem with the upgraded version? To me it's just SAGE's way of forcing an upgrade.

I'm sure I am not alone in deciding NOT to upgrade. And what about right now? ACT 2011 is not even available yet and I have 3 workstations running Office 2010 that CANNOT integrate with ACT 2010. Thank goodness I didn't upgrade all my workstations at one time!

Hopefully SAGE will do the right thing and give us a fix. Otherwise I may start looking for another approach in the near future that will meet our needs. I know I won't be recommending ACT to anyone of my contacts, at least not right now.

Linda

Nickel Super Contributor

I can assure you that your ACT Reseller did not know.  As a reseller, I didn't learn anything about it until this week.  I know you are frustrated, and hopefully there will be a solution or even an "add-on" that will address this soon.

Michael Matthews
Bridge Concepts, Inc.
Fort Worth, TX
www.bridgeconcepts.com
Bronze Elite Contributor

As an ACT! reseller and with Sage delaying any announcement on
support for Office 2010 under ACT! 2010 I need to distance my company
from Sage's inaction on this crucial decision.

We do not support further delay. It is already causing anxiety for our
clients and I am constrained on revealing any information from Sage
that will assist my clients to make the appropriate business decisions
on this issue.

It is entirely regrettable but outside the control of the loyal ACT!
Consultants and ACT! clients affected by this indecision.

However as ACT! Consultants we are already feeling the heat of
customers understandable anger.

Further, I regret to have to take action in posting this public notice
in defence of our good standing as ACT! resellers and to apologise to
our own loyal clients.

Graeme Leo
Xact Software - consultants and developers
Follow us on Twitter and check out our Blog