Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Act! Premium 2009 silent install leaves shortcut icon on desktop

Act! Premium 2009 silent install leaves shortcut icon on desktop

Hello,

I'm trying to setup a silent install of Act! Premium 2009 and everything seems to work except the dang ISS script continues to install the desktop short icon and also the quicklaunch icon. Unfortunatly, I'm used to dealing with all of this stuff in nice standardized MSI formats and not with InstallScript, and of course, the shortcuts aren't actually generated by the MSI but by the setup.exe and the ISS engine.

Has anyone else experienced this and found a workaround?

Also, it seems that Act! won't register despite putting the si.txt with the serial number in the SI directory. Any ideas?

Thanks

Nickel Elite Contributor

Re: Act! Premium 2009 silent install leaves shortcut icon on desktop

Sounds like the original recorded script included the icon placement addidtions.  Therefore, upon playback of the script "silent", those icons appear because they were including during the record script phase.

As of the silent registration, was the original serial number registered at least one time?

thanks

Matthew McFadden

The original recording of the script did not include the icons and also did not launch the program.

Originally I had not placed the si.txt file in the SI folder thinking this was an automated task that would run when silent because it was not specified that you were required to have the file before running the setup.exe /r command.

Do I need to have the si.txt file with the serial number in the SI folder PRIOR to running the setup.exe /r command?

Nickel Elite Contributor

Please check your private messages on the upper right of your screen.

As for the SI.txt file, this file need to be included under the ACTWG\SI folder that was copied prior to execution of the silent playback.

thanks

Matthew McFadden