Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Act Premium 2009 for Web & SBS 2003 - The website declined to show the webpage

Act Premium 2009 for Web & SBS 2003 - The website declined to show the webpage

Have just upgraded from ACT standard and have a few problems I hope you can help with. Running Act Premium For Web v 11.1 on SBS 2003 SP2.

On the internal network all seems to be well.

However when trying to open ACT externally via the internat we get the message "The website declined to show the webpage". (Remote web workspace works fine however).

Now I don't know if this has anything to do with Sharepoint being installed or not. I have read the knowledge base article about sharepoint, but haven't implemented the patch because I am unclear about one of the points on it. (KB Article 16514):

1. Click the Windows® Start button, click Administrative Tools, and then click SharePoint Central Administration.
  2. In the Virtual Server Configuration area, click Configure virtual server settings.
  3. Under the Virtual Server List tab, click the virtual server that you have to add the excluded paths to.
  4. Under Virtual Server Management, click Define Managed Paths.
  5. In the Add a New Path section, type the path that you want to exclude in the Path box. (Example: {IP address}\apfw)
  6. Click Excluded Path, and then click OK.

Now with reference to point 3 which virtual server do I need to have the path added to. I have :

Companyweb

Default Web Site

Microsoft Sharepoint Administration

WSUS Administration.

Of course I have searched the knowledge base - and it seems that this "The website declined to show the webpage" may have nothing to do with Sharepoint - in which case do you have any idea what is causing this ?

Another question is that alongside our SBS server we have a 2003 server which is used purely for terminal services. Would I be better of installing ACT for web on this server rather than the 2003 SBS server which is also the domain controller.

Any help you can give would be appeciated.

Mike.

Copper Elite Contributor

Re: Act Premium 2009 for Web & SBS 2003 - The website declined to show the webpage

From your post I'm going to make a couple of assumptions, so anything I say is based on that.  1) you can access Act for Web, from a webbrowser while on your internal network (or while vpn'd in to the network).  2)  When not local, and not vpn'd the Act for Web site does not load.  Based on those two conditions, I'd say your SBS IIS security configuration is filtering what IP's can retrieve content from your webserver.  Check your IIS security configuration to resolve this problem (it's also probably logged in event viewer as a failure audit under security events).
Nick Bohne
Effective Solutions, Inc.

Re: Act Premium 2009 for Web & SBS 2003 - The website declined to show the webpage

Hi Nick,

Thanks for your response. Your assumptions on point 1 & 2 are correct.

If IIS is filtering would Remote Work Webspace still work (it is) ?

Thanks Mike. 

Copper Elite Contributor

Not sure, I'm not familiar with it.
Nick Bohne
Effective Solutions, Inc.