Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Act Premium 2008 administrator password reset??

Act Premium 2008 administrator password reset??

I have an issue with an act install and need to have administrator access but no one knows the password. This was put in place a few years ago by the previous IT servicing company that has since went out of business.. I heard that there was a reset tool but all I could find was something that wanted to charge me 80 dollars. I was able to recover the SA password for the sql database but that doesn't help me. How can I reset this password or do I have to wipe out the database and start over?

Thanks,

Jeremy

Bronze Contributor

Re: Act Premium 2008 administrator password reset??

There is a tool that many consultants have to achieve this I would suggest you get in touch with a local consultant and they could remote to your machine to reset another user with Administrative privlidges. This may cost you some money or otherwise good luck with your search

Paul Buchtmann
pbuchtmann@ozemail.com.au Australia
Australia's First ACT Consultant (1989)

FREE Record History to change default to Call or To-Do for ACT! 2010-2012 versions. Custom versions also available.

[ Edited ]

I know of this tool and it is 80 dollars. I am recommending my client use another software package and not act

Platinum Elite Contributor

Hello berenger,

Welcome to the Sage ACT! Online Community. Please see your Private Messages in this forum for assistance with your issue.

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.