Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Act Premium 2008 Web - Problem

Act Premium 2008 Web - Problem

I am trying to connect my Act Premium 2008 Web with my Outlook 2007.  I have installed the Integration program (tools/preferences/email).  When I start up Outlook 2007, I get an error message that says the following:

"The Act! Premium for Web address book service cannot be accessed.  The username or password for ********* may be incorrect, or the database may have changed locations.  Do you want to reconfigure it now?" 

I then click "Yes", and it brings me to a list of Address books.   I try to edit or Add the Address book and I get another error message that says:

"The act premium for web service can not be reached at this time.  The database may be locked or the network connection may be down.  Please try again later." 

Does anyone know how to address this issue?  I appreciate your help!!!

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Act Premium 2008 Web - Problem

I did try that and when I try to type in the Web Service Address & then click to choose a Database it says:

"The ACT! Premium for Web service can not be reached at this time.  The database may be locked or the network connection may be down.  Please try again later."

I can not get passed this part to select a database and enter the username and password.

I am stuck.

Platinum Elite Contributor

You might try this ACT! Knowledge Base article - http://tinyurl.com/4ocnsp

Failing that, what version of ACT! (the full build from Help | About)?

Also, do you have Outlook on the server? If so does it work there?