Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Act Premium 2007 9.0 EX v.9.0.0.557 (lost calendar after maintenance)

Copper Contributor

Act Premium 2007 9.0 EX v.9.0.0.557 (lost calendar after maintenance)

My boss is an administrator in Act and he decided to do some maintenance and skipped the backup.  I believe he selected remove old data and has apparently done this before without problems and without informing me so I can do a backup first.

No one can see any calendar items for him when he is a selected user.  When any user has his calendar selected, they cannot see their own calendar items.  Their items appear when the de-select his user from the calendar view. 

I cannot see any items for him in a task list - and my reports don't seem to be working either.  I have never really use them - but when I tried to do an activity report comes back with Index and length must refer to a location within the string Parameter name: length.

Is this a known issue and can anyone help me get his calendar back?  Any help or advice will be greatly appreciated.

Copper Contributor

Re: Act Premium 2007 9.0 EX v.9.0.0.557 (lost calendar after maintenance)

We are still looking for a solution - when we run activity reports for this user or try to schedule a meeting for him we get this error: Index and Length must refer to a location within the string. Parameter name: length

Does anyone have a solution to this?  I ran the actdiag for repairs this morning and nothing helped.

Copper Elite Contributor

It almost sounds as if his user record got messed up. 

First check to see if his user name in Manage Users has changed - I forget the length - but no more than 30 I think or any extraneous characters in it.

Also wonder if creating a new user for him and then reassigning his old user to the new user (and merging the new contact record created) would help.

What repairs did you run in ActDiag?

Kris Lock
Inside Sales Manager/ACT! Certified Consultant
Technology Transfer Services
www.techtransfer.com
www.myodesie.com
Platinum Elite Contributor

[ Edited ]

Hello chargreaves,

This may be due to some report properties that need to be changed. This was an issue in older versions of ACT!. Also, you are not on the latest version of ACT! 2007. I would advise visiting our Download Center and applying the latest updates for your version.

Follow the steps below to disable the HideOnEmptySubreports property for sections which include subreports and the HideOnEmpty property for Subreports:

• Launch ACT!
  • Click the Reports menu, and then click Edit Template. An Open ACT! Report dialog box appears.
  • Click the Contact Report.rep file to highlight, and then click Open. The Report Designer launches with the report ready to edit.
  • Press F4 or click the View menu, and then click Properties Window. To view the report Properties window.
  • In the template, click the Section Header bar for a section which contains a Subreport. The first field in the Properties window changes to reflect the name of that Section Header: (Section 3 Header Section in our example)

• In the Properties window locate the HideOnEmptySubreports property in the Behavior section, and change the value to No.
  • Click a Subreport within this section. The first field in the Properties window changes to reflect the Subreport (Subreport 1 Subreport in our example)

• Under the Behavior section, change the HideOnEmpty property to No.
  • Save and test your report.

You may also have a damaged report template...does this happen with any report you are trying to run?

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

Copper Contributor

I tried all the check and repair - Integrity Check and Reindex.  I did Fix Known Actiities Data Issues.

I checked the username and there were no fifferences.  I was able to edit the username - and activities did not appear.  I returned it to the old username - and changed the security role from administrator to standard.  Still no activities.

I created a new user and was able to sync the activities back from outlook to the new user's calendar using companionlink.  He had an auto sync from Act to Outlook every 8 hours, so we think we were able to get just about everything loaded to the new user and calendar. 

I also tried the HideOnEmpty suggestions from the other response and still get the same error message.

I would like to figure out if the original user can be repaired.  He is the administrator who created the database in 1999 when he set up the firm.