Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Act! Premium 2006 Document Sync Error

Act! Premium 2006 Document Sync Error

[ Edited ]

Just this past week, we migrated a customers Act Server from an old 2000 server to a 2003 SBS.  Everything went pretty smoothly, installed the SQL Server, backed up and restored onto new server.  Everything worked out perfectly.  Come to find out though, this company heavily uses the document portion of their clients record.  To clarify, they attach different documents to their clients and later on they can pull them up, edit them, etc.  Well, after this move happened, ACT still shows the files, but this error message pops up when trying to access the file:

http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f75/l4nc3r/ACT.jpg

When we try to attach a file, it says "Fails to attach file to datastore".  But randomly it allows us to add a document.  Also were able to delete .pdf's but not .doc.  It display's "Unable to delete a history."

I would just tell them to suck it up and sort through it, but were talking about thousands of files that would literally take a year to sort through and attach.  Any help would be appreciated.  Thanks.

Trevor Garner

tgarner@navigatellc.com

Message Edited by l4nc3r on 09-02-2008 11:10 AM
Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Act! Premium 2006 Document Sync Error

All the permissions for the User's and Everyone for both Sharing and Security is set to full control.  All files do have associated programs.
Platinum Elite Contributor

Does it work if you try it on the server... logged in as a user or logged in as Admin?

Can you use Windows explorer, go to the supplemental files folder and try to double click and open a file?

Are you (or have you) used this database for sync?

What exact build (from Help | About)?

While I don't think it should matter for this, you might try (if you haven't) applying the latest Hotfix 5 from this ACT! Knowledge Base article - http://tinyurl.com/63hd2l