Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Act Premium 18.2.53.0, Update 6, New computers with Office 2016 - Outlook not showing in email setup preferences

Copper Contributor

Act Premium 18.2.53.0, Update 6, New computers with Office 2016 - Outlook not showing in email setup preferences

I had to replace workstations and purchased new windows 10 computers from dell with Office 2016.  I had no idea there would be a problem setting them up with our current version of Act.  I do not want to go through the pain of purchasing and upgrading Act on all our office computers again.

I thought the update 6 was supposed to fix the issue, but I cannot get it to work.

Do I need to do something to Office 2016?  My other workstations and users have windows 7 and office 2010 and I was hoping to upgrade to windows 10 and office 2016 this year, but had no idea there would be such issues with Act.

Thank you in advance for any help.

Administrator

Re: Act Premium 18.2.53.0, Update 6, New computers with Office 2016 - Outlook not showing in email setup preferences

[ Edited ]

If it's new hardware - was Act installed first or was Office installed first?

Act usually needs to be installed 'on top of' an existing version of Office if integration is desired.
You can usually just reinstall Act! to resolve this, if this is the case.

If you think that Office was installed first - then there a few other scenarios that could cause Office to be missing from the Outlook list.

First up - is Office missing, but you can still select Internet Mail? Or is the list completely blank?

If the list is completely blank - check out this KB:
http://kb.act.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/23426

If the list is not blank, but Outlook is missing, check out this one:
http://kb.act.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/14425

Hope this helps!

Copper Contributor

Re: Act Premium 18.2.53.0, Update 6, New computers with Office 2016 - Outlook not showing in email setup preferences

Hi Jon - thanks for the reply and info.  I did find something on my own that suggested repairing Office.  When I went to programs in the control panel, Microsoft Office was not listed.  I contacted my outside IT consultants who did the initial Office 2016 setup for me and they did something.  Once they did whatever was needed for Office to show up on the list of programs, Act started working fine for email setup and a sync of contacts with Outlook.

I am all set for now.

Thanks,

Caroline