Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Act! Prem v11.0 Files Disappear

Act! Prem v11.0 Files Disappear

Good Afternoon,

I'm having a major problem in which I could really do with some help.  As a company, we have Act! Premium V11.0 installed on a server running Windows Server 2003 R2.  We have 15 licenses, in which we all login with our own usernames.  Throughout the day various files go missing, mainly the .PAD we all use to access the database and the Layouts/Templates etc folders.  To resolve this issue I have to reboot the server, and use the "Copy" I have made of the PAD and other files, and place them back into the database folder.

This has happened on three different machines Act! has been hosted on.

Please could anyone tell me if anyone has heard of this problem?  And if any further information is required, please let me know.

Regards, Tim.

Re: Act! Prem v11.0 Files Disappear

Hello Tim,

Are the files/folders disappearing from the server itself or are the clients just unable to see them?

Hi David, The files/folders are actually disappeaing off the server itself.  It's as if someone is just logging in and deleting them.  Its a fresh install of Windows server, and anti virus has found no trojans etc.

As I have said before, we have tried it on three different machines hosting Windows XP/Vista and now Server.

Bronze Super Contributor

I am skeptical that this is an Act! issue...  There is something going on with the way the server/network/user permissions are configured...

For one thing, Sage recommends that the pad file be copied to each users local machine.  See KB article # 13878 at help.act.com  entitled: "How to Share an Act! Database Over a Network".

Doing this should resolve this issue, whatever it is...

Platinum Elite Contributor

Two suggestions:

Create a directory on the server and copy the .PAD file into there. Make sure all users have full access and control of the directory.

OR

Have the users save their own copy of the .PAD file to their desktops

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.