Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Act! Pre-requisite Installer has detected that the ACT7 instance is either not running...

Act! Pre-requisite Installer has detected that the ACT7 instance is either not running...

Hi there,

I am installing Act! premium web  in a windows 8.1 terminal. After start to install the SQL server, I have the next error in command prompt:

You must repair the performance counter registry hive.

And after the next report at ACT Installation:

Act! Pre-requisite Installer has detected that the ACT7 instance is either not running or disabled.System.ComponentModel.Win32Exception (0x80004005): El sistema no puede encontrar el archivo especificado
en System.Diagnostics.Process.StartWithCreateProcess(ProcessStartInfo startInfo)
en PrereqCommon.SQLMethods.HardReset(String strSecurityCmdLnApp, String ACTPath)
en PrereqCommon.SQLMethods.InstallSQL(String SourcePath, String ACTPath, String Param, String strSAPWD, Boolean InstallSP)
en PrereqCommon.SQLMethods.PrepareAndInstallSQL(String strSrcPath, String strSQLPath, String strACTPath, String strSQLAccount, String strSQLCollation, Boolean IsSPNeeded)

I already try the next solution without success: http://community.act.com/t5/Act/Can-Not-Get-ACT-2012-Premium-Trial-to-Install/td-p/204070/highlight/... Also, I tried  to Manually Create the Microsoft® SQL Server® 2008 R2 (Standard Edition) ACT7 Instance, however when SQL Server Setup is at "setup support rules", is failed the status at "Performance conter registry hive consistency" and I can't continue.

Is something else I can do?

Thank you

Silver Super Contributor

Re: Act! Pre-requisite Installer has detected that the ACT7 instance is either not running...

Give this a try.

http://kb.swiftpage.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/27130

Stan

If you would like to get more out of ACT! you can find an ACT! Certified Consultant near you by going to:www.act.com/acc.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Stan Smith
ACT! Certified Consultant
ADS Programming Services, Inc.
(205) 222-1661
www.adsprogramming.com
www.actwebhosting.com
Click Here to Purchase Act!

Re: Act! Pre-requisite Installer has detected that the ACT7 instance is either not running...

Hi Stan, 

Thank you for your answer. I aready follow the tutorial, and finally was possible to install ACT. I arealdy Manually Create the Microsoft® SQL Server® 2008 R2 (Standard Edition) ACT7 Instance. However when I am opening a database r moving an existing one I have the next error "Unable to connect to the database. Please verify the AC7 SQL instance is running". I also check at services.msc and thedatabase is running. Some clues what can I do?

Thank you

Silver Super Contributor

It sounds like the ACT7 SQL instance isn't properly installed.  I would uninstall all of the SQL programs on the system and then I would reinstall carefully following the instructions in the KB on how to manually install the ACT7 instance and see if that helps.

Stan

If you would like to get more out of ACT! you can find an ACT! Certified Consultant near you by going to:www.act.com/acc.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Stan Smith
ACT! Certified Consultant
ADS Programming Services, Inc.
(205) 222-1661
www.adsprogramming.com
www.actwebhosting.com
Click Here to Purchase Act!