Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Act! Outlook integration Fault

Act! Outlook integration Fault

[ Edited ]

I'm having a problem integration.

Act! 2013 Premium running on a shared server, the PCs connect via remote database option and use Network Synchronization to keep the laptops connected.

Sage ACT! Premium 2013 Version 15.1.108.0, Hot Fix 3

This laptop came preinstalled with Office 2013 Home and Business, which I uninstalled.  There is now Office 2010 Standard 32bit installed.  Outlook is configured with an Exchange server.

Initial synchronization has completed, but every so often Act Sync crashes and this is posted to the event viewer:

Faulting application name: Sage.ACT.Integration.exe, version: 15.1.108.0, time stamp: 0x50c10aa4
Faulting module name: olmapi32.dll, version: 14.0.7113.5005, time stamp: 0x52b23e39
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x0003ffe7
Faulting process id: 0x14ec
Faulting application start time: 0x01cf37c2e8c580b5
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\ACT\Act for Windows\Sage.ACT.Integration.exe
Faulting module path: C:\PROGRA~2\MICROS~2\Office14\olmapi32.dll
Report Id: 9bc4cfa8-a3ba-11e3-b40c-b4b676cfe80f

I am able to open Act! and kick off another user initiated sync, which completes successfully.  But after about 30 minutes Act sync crashes again with the same error.

This was happening with Office 2013 installed, which is why we downgraded to 2010...

Otherwise the laptop works fine.  Been fighting this problem for a few weeks.

Any suggestions would be great!

Re: Act! Outlook integration Fault

When you uninstalled Outlook 2013 and then turned around and installed Outlook 2010, did you also uninstall Act! and reinstall it? The reason that I ask is because in order for Act! to integrate properly with Outlook, Outlook must be installed first. When you uninstalled Outlook 2013 and installed Outlook 2010, it's kind of like a new install.

If you did uninstall and reinstall Act! after installing Outlook 2010, and that doesn't apply to you, are there any Act! error messages that come up when the sync crashes? 

Issues with synchronization can also occur if Act! did not install properly, so it might be worth it to uninstall and reinstall Act! if you haven't already. 

Elise O'Pry
Swiftpage
Visit our knowledgebase at http://kb.act.com