Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Act.Outlook.Sync.exe has stopped working

Bronze Contributor

Act.Outlook.Sync.exe has stopped working

Yesterday I applied Service Pack 1 to ACT! 2011 Premium 13.0.181.0+hf1 and it seemed to work.  Today when I turned on that computer, I got "Act.Outlook.Sync.exe has stopped working."  I've even tried to start it manually and it continues to throw that error.

Signature
Bronze Contributor

Re: Act.Outlook.Sync.exe has stopped working

Kevin if this is on a WIN 7 or Server 2008 box did you try "run as administrator" or actually login using the Administrator account

Paul Buchtmann
pbuchtmann@ozemail.com.au Australia
Australia's First ACT Consultant (1989)

FREE Record History to change default to Call or To-Do for ACT! 2010-2012 versions. Custom versions also available.
Bronze Contributor

Didn't think of that because it had been running without problems for about a month.  Started after I applied SP1.  Based on yoru suggestion, I tried to run as administrator - same error.

Signature
Bronze Contributor

So have you tried taking it out of the registry and starting independantly using "run as administrator" and see if it get the same error?

If this works I would clean out the prefetch entries and see if it resets

Paul Buchtmann
pbuchtmann@ozemail.com.au Australia
Australia's First ACT Consultant (1989)

FREE Record History to change default to Call or To-Do for ACT! 2010-2012 versions. Custom versions also available.
Bronze Contributor

Oh, I should have mentioned - I tried running it from the Programs menu as administrator - same error.

Signature
Platinum Super Contributor

Try applying the SP1 Hotfix 1 update - it contains an update for the integration of Act! and Office.  Here is an article with instructions and download for SP1 HF1: KB Article 27440

Greg Martin
Sage

I have installed ACT Premium  2011 (access via web) SP1 and the hot fix to try to fix this ongoing problem.  I continuously get this error that the act .outlook.sync has stopped working.  I need some assistance in getting this error not to come up on everytime my users log on to their machines, and I want this to work.