Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Act.Outlook.Service.exe will not run when computer starts V20 update 5

Act.Outlook.Service.exe will not run when computer starts V20 update 5

I am in need of help, this is an ongoing issue with one of the Remote databases, it is Act 20.0.159.0, update 5, Microsoft Outlook (365) 2016 MSO 16.0.9001.2080. 

Once the computer starts, the Act.Outlook.Service.exe does not start automatically, it will only start when I doubleclick it in the file location, I have Windows Defender on but added the file, extension to the excluded list. I even added an inbound rule the firewall. Act tech support has worked on it as well, and wanted us to just doubleclick to start the service. Is there another solution that I can do to make it run when the computer starts?

Administrator

Re: Act.Outlook.Service.exe will not run when computer starts V20 update 5

First place to check would be in the Task manager. You can open task manager by hitting Ctrl + Shift + Esc.

Taskmgr_2018-03-06_10-15-02.png

Go to the Startup tab (above) and make sure that the Act.Outlook.Service.exe is listed there, and that it's set to enabled. Also, make sure that the correct service is running - if you use 64 bit Office, make sure only the Act.Outlook64.Service is enabled, if you use 32bit Office, make sure only the Act.Outlook.Service.exe is enabled.

I have checked the start up, in task manager, only the 32 bit outlook service is enabled.

Administrator

You could try lowering your UAC settings, you'l find this in User Account Control under Users in the control panel.

You'll need to restart for those changes to take affect anyway.

Thank you, I will try that.