Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Act.Outlook.Service.exe starts and stops preventing attaching emails from Outlook to Act

Act.Outlook.Service.exe starts and stops preventing attaching emails from Outlook to Act

I have applied the Update 6 to my Act Pro v18.  I have Outlook 2016.0.8625.2121 32bit.  The addin is available in Outlook and says the email will be attached to the Act contact, but never gets attached.  The Act.Outlook.Service.EXE is not found in Tasks so I start it and it appears for maybe 5-10 seconds and then goes away.  There is also no icon in the tray that indicates if you have unattached messages (I forget what that is called).

What's up?

Employee

Re: Act.Outlook.Service.exe starts and stops preventing attaching emails from Outlook to Act

Sounds like an email in the windows temp folder is corrupt crashing the program.
Naviagte to:

C:\Users\yourname\AppData\Roaming\ACT\ACT Data\HistoryQueue and cut the files out of there then try restarting the app.

-C

Re: Act.Outlook.Service.exe starts and stops preventing attaching emails from Outlook to Act

Thanks, that helped and it works...for awhile.

Problem is that when I try to attach an email as history from Outlook and the Act contact is not yet in the DB (I didn't add him yet), then the service crashes.  I added the contact and then it works!

Is there something I can do so it won't crash when the contact is not in the database?

I have now found combination of messages (.MSG and .XML) that consistently crash the Act.Outlook.Service. 

Can these be reviewed to see what the bug in Act is so it can be fixed?  This is very frustrating.

I can send in a private message or email is so much easier.

Thanks, Seamus

The messages that crash the service are sent from another email account in my Outlook (not my default). Is that where the bug is?
Administrator

As far as I'm aware there's no known bugs with emails from other accounts within outlook causing the service to crash. The service should also be able to create contacts without crashing too.

If you haven't already - I'd suggest checking out this KB:
http://kb.act.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/38802

Make sure that you are using Office with the recommended update settings, as there has been a few builds of office with issues recording histories.