Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Act.Outlook.Service Memory Hogging or Bloated Database....is there a choice number 3?

Act.Outlook.Service Memory Hogging or Bloated Database....is there a choice number 3?

I hope someone out there can help me with this. 

My company is a new ACT! user (running ACT 2010 on a variety of machines and OS) and I am in charge of managing the software and it's implentation at my company.  I feel like I am stuck between the proverbial rock and a hard place.  If all of our users (14) have their email addresses in ACT then the database quickly becomes bloated with inter office communication that I do not want or need to track.  If I take their email addresses out of the database the Act.Outlook.Service quickly becomes a memory hog as the History Q becomes full of these emails that cannot be attached. 

Is there a way to stop the endless loop of attempts to attach emails to non existent ACT database email addresses?

It would seem I can't be the first to cross this bridge.  Is there a way to discard these emails after 1 or 2 attempts to attach.  Is there a reason an email wouldn't attach after a couple of attempts even if the email address was in the database?

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Act.Outlook.Service Memory Hogging or Bloated Database....is there a choice number 3?

Hello Mike,

Welcome to the ACT! Online Community. If there are emails that are constantly attempting and failing to attach, this could be due to unlisted errors handlers for the ACT! Outlook History service. The first thing I would do is have all client machines and the server update to the latest hot fix for ACT! 2010 SP1, which is Hot Fix 3. Information is KB Article 25996. If this does not resolve, then see the information in KB Article 26089.

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

Re: Act.Outlook.Service Memory Hogging or Bloated Database....is there a choice number 3?

Thanks Greg.  We implemented and it seems to be doing the trick.