Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Act.Outlook.Service.EXE Processor & Memory Utilization

Nickel Elite Contributor

Act.Outlook.Service.EXE Processor & Memory Utilization

We recently installed an upgrade from ACT! 2008 (not sure on build) to ACT! 2010, build 12.1.181 Hotfix 1.  Since the upgrade, some machines are having ACT! and Outlook lock up regularly and some will periodically get Act.Outlook.Service.exe has encountered a problem and need to close.  On one machine I noticed Act.Outlook.Service.exe utilizing 5-10 % of the processor even when no new messages were being sent.  Additionally, the memory utilization would start around 1.2MB and slowly move up to about 135MB, again even when no messages were being sent.  Then it would drop back down and start the climb again. 

There was what seemed to be a reasonable number of messages still in the HistoryQueue - about 75 - compared to the 270 I have in my queue with the same build of ACT!.  One thing I did notice though was that the 75 email MSG files on this machine were about 9.6MB in total size versus 15.8MB for the 270 I had. 

Does the size of the email impact how hard Act.Outlook.Service.exe has to work?  Can images and confidentiality statements in signatures potentially cause issues with Act.Outlook.Service.exe?

-----------
Marshall Knapp
AspenTech Consulting Group, Inc.
Act! Certified Consultants - Diamond Level
866-880-4ACT (4228)
www.aspen-tech.com