Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Act! Outlook Integration Act Premium Cloud V22

Highlighted

Act! Outlook Integration Act Premium Cloud V22

We have been an Act! customer for about 20 years through various sales/acquisitions by various entities. We upgraded to the Act! cloud version a few months ago. When we tried to integrate with Outlook - at the final step - Microsoft Defender warns that the program is not secure and is unsafe - suggests we remove the program. Has anyone else had this issue? I am concerned. We have a rather large database- We have adopted the tedious task of storing updates and such in Act! - a god-send. ..but mail campaigns have remained controlled out of Outlook.

Also- in the Act! instructions - the user is cautioned that you need to decide to use Outlook OR Act! for mail control but you can't do both. The email address used in Act! has a long history in Outlook - I prefer both. Does this make sense?

Anybody else with this issue? Is there a safe work-around with Microsoft Defender? Do you consider the Act Premium Cloud v22 safe?

Thanks much- Act! has been our DBMS/CRM for years.

Highlighted
Silver Contributor

Re: Act! Outlook Integration Act Premium Cloud V22

I have not seen or am aware of any security issues. Defender is likely to give this message if you try and link any program to Outlook as this is what some viruses also try to do so defender is designed to be ultra cautious.

Highlighted

Re: Act! Outlook Integration Act Premium Cloud V22

Thanks very much for your response! We'll give it another try.