Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Act! OLE DB option missing Act v21.1

Copper Contributor

Act! OLE DB option missing Act v21.1

[ Edited ]

Act v21.1 OLE DB not showing up in list of OLE DB providers when trying to connect via Excel 'get data' function.

SP tech support is stumped. I've tried uninstall /reinstall Act..has anyone else run into this?

Act v21.1 Premium

Office 365

Windows Server 2016, 64  bit

Nickel Super Contributor

Re: Act! OLE DB option missing Act v21.1

You can create your own connection http://kb.act.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/22989

I hope this helps

Copper Contributor

Thank you Chris, I really appreciate your help. The functions I need require the OLE DB connection (not ODBC).  

Silver Contributor

Have you tried running rebuild OLEDB in database rebuild options in ACTDIAG?

Copper Contributor

Yes..no luck, performing the OLEDB rebuild unfortunately did not resolve the issue. 

Highlighted

I'm also having this exact same problem with the same office & ACT! versions (365 & v 21.1 for Web Premium), but I am running Windows Server 2008 R2. 

I'm able to "find" the ACT OLE DB if I use Excel 2007 to located the provider, but the file crashes before the connection is created.  The ACTOLEDB2.dll has been "installed" as part of the ACT! installation package { it's in the Program Files(x86) }, but will not load in the providers list.  

Is there a fix on the horizon for this issue with Act! v21.1?

Copper Contributor

This batch file provided by Swiftpage seemed to have fixed the issue.I can now connect XLS to Act db using OLE DB. 

https://help.act.com/hc/en-us/articles/360027228474-Custom-Table-Records-Do-Not-Display-In-Some-List...