Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Act Link to Palm Tungsten E2

Accepted Solution Solved
Copper Contributor
Accepted Solution

Act Link to Palm Tungsten E2

Have been happily syncing Palm Tungsten E2 to ACT 6 for years.

Upgraded to ACT 10 and installed the act link from the install disk.  Completed the ACT! Link for Palm OS® Settings pointing to my database. 

Sync still went to old data base.    Disabled old Act link.   I get no contacts from Act only the contracts and programs from the palm desk top).

Searched the knowledge base but didn't find any guidance.

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by topic author ebenwalker
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Copper Contributor

Re: Act Link to Palm Tungsten E2

Problem solved.

I uninstalled the old ACT Link and let it reinstall from the ACT 10 disk.  This solved the problem.  (I had been reluctant to do this as I wasn't sure I could recover the old if I needed to.)

View solution in original post

All Replies
Nickel Contributor

Right click on the HotSync Manager on your taskbar and select setup (could be "custom" - haven't used a Palm in a while).

Anyway, check to see that the conduits for syncing AddressBook and Calender are linked to ACT, and not Palm Desktop.

This should be configurable through the ACTLink software, but sometimes it isn't, and the conduits have to set manually.

Ken Quigley, BA, MCSE, ACC, APT
Toronto, Ontario
www.keystroke.ca
Solution
Accepted by topic author ebenwalker
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Copper Contributor

Problem solved.

I uninstalled the old ACT Link and let it reinstall from the ACT 10 disk.  This solved the problem.  (I had been reluctant to do this as I wasn't sure I could recover the old if I needed to.)