Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Act Integration - Unable To Connect To Outlook - AFWP

Copper Contributor

Act Integration - Unable To Connect To Outlook - AFWP

I'm running into an issue where Act! Integration with Outlook in AFWP is not functioning.  The progress window shows "Connecting To Outlook..." and then never connects and an error message pops up saying it was unable to connect to outlook.

Looking at the log/history, it shows the following message:

Unable to cast COM object of type 'Microsoft.Office.Interop.Outlook.ApplicationClass' to interfact type 'Microsoft.Office.Interop.Outlook._Application'.  This operation failed because the QueryInterface call on the COM component for the interface with IID '{00063001-0000-0000-C000-0000000000046}' failed due to the following error: The RPC server is unavailable.  (Exception from HRESULT: 0x800706BA).

Any idea what I can do to fix this? Things I've tried include:

- Full Uninstall of Act Integration Tool, restart, re-install, restart, sync, no go (same problem)

- Disable Plugin, reload Outlook in safe mode, re-enable plugin, still no go

I can confirm that the address book for Act Integration is properly setup in the Address Book for the account in question.

Really hoping to resolve this.

Thanks

Administrator

Re: Act Integration - Unable To Connect To Outlook - AFWP

[ Edited ]

Hi Jag,

The following Knowledgebase article has some further info on this error: http://kb.act.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/33143

Further articles referencing Outlook and the RPC server are below:

http://kb.act.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/19051

http://kb.act.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/24781

http://kb.act.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/13779

Please let us know how you get on.

Copper Contributor

Weird... so I do a complete fresh install of my PC as I was going to be doing it anyways. Installed the Act Integration and it never shows up in the taskbar as running. And when I try to setup my address book or settings, it says:

"Act Premium for Web Service can not be reached at this time. The database may be locked or the network connection may be down. Try again later"

I can confirm my database is not locked and I do have a network connection. I'm also using the correct service address. In addition, I go to AFWP and try to go to the Outlook Sync Preferences settings and it says Act! Integration is not running. I go to the folder where it's located, double click on it, but nothing happens, it doesn't run.

Any ideas/suggestions?
Administrator

Have you tried a reboot and running as admin?
Copper Contributor

Yes, tried rebooting and running as admin, the only thing that is running is APFW.Outlook.Service, the Act.Integration program just will not run. I've tried removing, rebooting, reinstalling, I've tried deleting the Act folder in my user/appdata/roaming directory prior to reinstalling - literally have tried everything I can think of but can't get the program to run. Any ideas?
Copper Contributor

I somehow got it working, not sure what the trick was but now when I synchronize my contacts, it takes forever! I have 455 contacts in my data sync set and there are a total of 2,200 contacts in our database. Any idea why it takes forever? I'm talking almost an hour or more.
Copper Contributor

So it just took over 2 hours to sync and only 296 of the 455 contacts that are in the defined sync set were synced or copied over to Outlook. I have it set to 1 way sync.
Copper Contributor

[ Edited ]

This is beyond frustrating... so it's back to the "Unable to connect to outlook." message again but once I acknowledge the error, it proceeds to sync but takes almost 2 hours to complete.  Does not sync all my contacts either.  

I've tried uninstalling MS Office and the integration tool, then re-installing from a standalone version of Office 2016 instead of the click to run version. That didn't work.  So I did another reformat and fresh install of Windows 10, standalone Office 2016 32-bit version, same issue.  Not sure what it's going to take to get this working. Extremely frustrated.

Copper Contributor

Another quick update on this... I ran a sync last night and the "Unable To Connect To Outlook" message popped up. I acknowledged it, took almost 3 hours to sync and this time it sync'd every contact in my defined sync set. What's not right is that this error keeps coming up and that it is taking this long to sync.

Has anyone else experienced anything like this? I'm running Windows 10 with stand alone install of Office 2016 - 32 Bit version.
Administrator

Is the Outlook sync taking 2+ hours each time with subsequent syncs, after the first one has taken place?

Have you tested with any other Act databases, or another Outlook profile?